How its done
The casting mixture is an alginate (seaweed-based) mixture that dentists use to make teeth impressions, and has been specifically designed for taking skin moulds.
1. We coat your child’s hand or foot with a casting mixture.
2. The mixture is left on for approx 1-2 minutes until it sets.
3. The mould is carefully removed leaving no residue.
4. The 3D cast is created using the finest plaster.
5. The cast is carefully dried, hand-finished, painted, mounted and framed in a box frame which is painted or stained to your specification.
6. The finished product will be ready for you in approximately 2-3 weeks.
Bronze and aluminium casts will take approx. 6-8 weeks.